AAD Highlights 2018
Dra. Yolanda Gilaberte
- Yolanda Gilaberte
- Head of Dermatology Service of the Miguel Servet University Hospital of Zaragoza.
- Doctor in medicine and surgery in the Faculty of Medicine of Zaragoza.
- Main researcher in the proved research group by the Aragon Goverment B85 Photobiology and Dermatology.
- Over 150 publications, 227 communications and speaker in national and international congresses.
- Director of the Dermo-Sifiliographic Actas Journal.
- Member of the Spanish Dermatology Academy´s Board since 2010, and member of Photodermatology and Photobiology European Societies, Dermatology and Venereology European Academy, American Dermatology Academy and Latinamerican Dermatology School.
Dra. Irene Palacios
- Irene Palacios
- Dermatologist at the University of Navarra Clinic.
- Associate clinical professor at the University of Navarra.
- PhD in Medicine by the University of Salamanca.
- Surgical Medical Dermatology and Venereology Residence in the Salamanca Hospital Care Complex.
- He has more than 45 scientific communications to national and international congresses.
- Researcher in 3 clinical trials.
- Member of the Spanish Academy of Dermatology and Venereology.
- Received two national awards and one regional prize for different research projects.
Dra. Julia Sánchez
- Julia Sánchez
- Senior doctor in the Dermatology Service of the Hospital del Mar, Parc de Salut Mar since July 2004.
- Bachelor´s Degree in Medicine and Surgery in the Autónoma University of Barcelona. Specialised in Dermatology and Venereaology in the Bellvitge University Hospital.
- Experienced in diagnosis, therapeutic and surgical techniques, and comparative genomic hybridization data analysis.
- Dermatology residents´ tutor and professor of Dermatology in the Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Member of the Spanish Dermatology Academy, Spanish Pediatric Dermatology Grouo, Spanish Autoimmune and Systemic Deseases Group, European Society of Cutaneous lupus erythematous; and advisor of the Scientific Committee of the Catalan Association of Patients with Cutaneous lupus erythematous (ACLEG).
- Speaker in national and international congresses, courses and meetings. Coordinator of the 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th Edition of the Bullous Autoimmune Diseases and Connective Tissue Disorders course, Barcelona (2015-2018)
Dr. Ignasi Figueras
- Ignasi Figueras
- Senior Doctor in the Dermatology Service of the Universitari Bellvitge Hospital, completed residency in the same hospital.
- Main researcher in hives and atopic dermatitis studies, as well as co-researcher in psoriasis and autoinmune deseases studies.
- Currently conducting autoinflammatory cutaneous deseases´ PHD in the University of Barcelona.
- Member of the Spanish Dermatology group of autoinmune deseases, Systemic Deseases group of the Bellvitge Hospital, and the Xarxa d´Urticaria Catalana i Balear (XUrCB)
- Participated in European Guidelines for Urticaria of 2016.
- Published various papers, mainly in the areas of cutaneous inflammatory deseases and non-melanoma skin cancer, in national journals as well as international. Author of multiple communications in national and international congresses.
Dr. Salvador Arias
- Salvador Arias Santiago
- Professor of Dermatology at the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Granada.
- Dermatology Specialist in Virgen de las Nieves Hospital of Granada.
- Editor of the Actas Dermosifiliográficas journal.
- Member of the Editorial Board of the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology.
Dr.Pablo de la Cueva
- Pablo de la Cueva
- Head of Dermatology Service in the Infanta Leonor University Hospital in Madrid
- Bachelor´s Degree in Medicine by the Complutense University of Madrid
- Dermatology Spacialist title by the Gregorio Marañon University General Hospital
- Vicepresident of the Central Section of the Spanish Dermatology Academy
- Member of the Spanish Dermatology Academy, European Dermatology Academy, German Dermatology Academy, Iberolatinamerican Dermatology School (CILAD) and the international Society of Dermatology (ISD). Active member of the Psoriais Spanish Group.
- Author of articles, books, research studies and clinical trials, national and international, focused on Dermatology.
Dr. Antonio Martorell
- Antonio Martorell
- Specialist in Dermatology at the Valencian Institute of Oncology Foundation.
- Author of over 90 national and international scientific articles and over 10 book chapters
- Medical assistant specialist in Dermatology at the Manises Hospital in Valencia.
- Professor of the Masters of Aesthetic Dermatology, by the University of Alcalá de Madrid
- Professor of the Master of Dermatological Oncology organized by the University of Valencia.
- Member of the Editorial Committee of the Actas Dermosifiliográficas journal.
- Reviewer of the American Journal of Dermatopathology, the International Journal of Dermatology, the Archives of Dermatology and the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology.
Dr. Gustavo Deza
- Gustavo Deza
- Dermatology Service of the Hospital del Mar in Barcelona, and researcher in Research Group of Inflamatory and Neoplastic dermatology deseases, part of the Institut Mar d´investigacions Mediquis (IMIM) of the Parque de Investigación Biomédica of Barcelona, and the Translational Inmunology Group of the Parque Científico of Barcelona-University of Barcelona.
- Completed residency in medical-surgical Dermatology and Venereology in the Hospital del Mar of Barcelona between 2013 and 2017. During this period, short term stays in international centres such as the Dermopathology specialised lab Dermopathologie Friedrichshafen of Germany.
- Participated in scientific societies such as Spanish Dermatology and Venereology Academy, Catalan Society of Dermatology and Venereology, and the Xarxa de Urticaria Catalano-Balear (XUrCB).
- Active participation in research projects linked to dermatological inflamatort pathology, such as cronic hives and psoriasis. Nowadays completing his doctoral desertation in cronic hives uder the direction of Dr. Giménez. Arnau and Dr. Tamon M. Pujol.
Dr. Rafael Botella
- Rafael Botella
- Tenured professor in Dermatology in the Medicine Faculty of the University of Valencia.
- Director of the Skin Deseases and Plastic Surgery´s Clinical Area.
- Head of Dermatology Service in the La Fe University Hospital of Valencia.
- Research scholarship (Dermatology Foundation) in the Oregon Health Sciences University of Portland, Oregon, since 1994 until 1995
- Short term stays in other foreign centres: Western Infirmary of Glagow, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center of New York, Dermatopathology Friedrichshafen in Germany
- Other titles: Diploma in Dermopathology (granted by the International Dermatology Committee and the Special Doctors´ European Union) Master in Administration and Management of Health Services (Pompeu Fabra University).
- Main investigator and co-investigator of 9 competitive research projects funded by international and regional public entities.
- Author of 25 chapters in books and over 200 scientific articles in international and national journals.
Dra. Victoria Alegría
- Victoria Alegría
- Senior Doctor in the Dermatology Service of the Fundación Jimenez Díaz Hospital. Studied at the Favaloro University of Buenos aires, Argentina.
- PhD: Immunohistochemistry of mother cells in normal skin and cutaneous neoplasms study
- Dermatology Professor in AMIR Academy, Educational collaborator of the Dermatology Teaching Unit of the Fundación Jiménez Díaz Hospital, faculty of Medicine of the Autonoma University of Madrid
- Teacher in the Introductory Course of Dermopathology of the Dermatology Department of the faculty of Medicine of the Autónoma University of Madrid and the Diagnostic Dermopathology Course of the faculty of Medicine of the Autónoma University of Madrid.
- 17 communications and speaker in congresses and meetings, 16 published articles in scientific journals.
Dr. Javier del Boz
- Javier del Boz
- Residency in Dermatology (2004-2008) in Carlos Haya Hospital of Malaga.
- Since 2008, Dermatology spacialist in the Costa del Sol Hospital (Marbella, Málaga), in charge of the Pediatric Dermatology Unit and tutor of Dermatology residents.
- Doctor in "Cum Laude" Medicine (University of Malaga) in 2011.
- Member of the Spanish Pediatric Dermatology Group, of the European Society of Pediatric Dermatology and the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology.
- Over 30 publications in Pediatric Dermatology in national and international journals.
- Reviewer for different national and international Dermatology journals.
- Organizer and speaker of multiple proved courses in Pediatric Dermatology.
Dra. Aniza Giacaman
- Aniza Giacaman
- 4th year resident in Dermatology and Venereology, in the Son Espases University Hospital of Palma de Mallorca.
- External rotation in the professional immunodermatology and dermatosis in the Santa Creu i Sant Pau Hospital, and cutaneous oncology and Mohs surgery in the Ninewells Hospital in Dundee, Scotland.
- Member of the Spanish Dermatology and Venereology Academy, European Dermatology and Venereology Academy, Ibero-latinamerican Dermatology School, Dermatoscopy International Scoiety, Doctors´ Official School of the Baleares Isles (COMIB) and the Doctors´ School of Chile (COLMED).
- 13 publications in scientific journals.
Dr. Sergio Vañó
- Sergio Vañó
- Dermatologist and Director of the Tricology Unit of the Ramón y Cajal University Hospital in Madrid
- Coordinator of clinical research and residents´ tutor of the Dermatology Service of the Ramón y Cajal University in Madrid
- Doctor in the Tricology Unit and hair transplant of the Group Pedro Jaén Clinic in Madrid.
- Doctor in Medicine and Associate Professor of Dermatology in the University of Alcalá.
- Master in Administration and Management of Health Services (Pompeu Fabra University).
- Director of the International Master in Tricology and Hair Transplant of the University of Alcalá.
- Area of expertise: tricology, hair transplant, innovation and new technologies, clinical research.
- President of the E-Health Researchers´ Association, European Hair Research Society, board member; AEDV, EADV, Tricology Spanish group member.
Dr. JL López Estebaranz
- JL López Estebaran
- Head of Dermatology Service in Fundación Alcorcon University Hospital and Associate Professor of the Rey Juan Carlos University. Director of the International DermoMedic Clinic. President of the SC of the AEDV and Vicepresident of the Ibero-american School of Dermatology.
- Social welfare done previously as senior dermatologist in 12 de Octubre Hospital between 1994 and 1998 and at the St Thomas Institute of London
- Doctor in Medicine and Surgery by the Autónoma University of Madrid, specialist in Dermatology
- Member of different groups, such as National Psoriasis Grouo and the Editorial Committe of various Spanish and international medical journals. Also founding member of Dermus. Presidential Mention Award of the 2017 AAD.
- Author and co-author of over 250 national and international publications